Every worker loves new technology, right? Not quite. The truth is, even in today’s business world, where certain segments seem dominated by news of an ‘always on’ culture, adopting and training on new technology can be daunting for plenty of employees. Training Employees on New Time & Attendance Software Perhaps you’ve recently added one or […]Read More >
Does Your Time & Attendance Software Include Self-Service Features?
- Maria Pedulla-Phillips
Self-service features are the hallmark for most cloud-based time & attendance software. Such features are designed to be employee-facing, letting workers engage with the software in ways that improve their user experience, as well as their employee experience.
Many self-service features are designed to create new levels of mobility, simplicity, and ease. But what business solutions do they actually create? As it relates to employee time & attendance, the solutions often point back to two things that employees and managers care about: scheduling, and forecasting.
Schedules and Forecasts for Managers and Employees
No matter what industry you’re in, or how you describe your work environment, there’s a good chance that your employees appreciate having as much convenience as possible when it comes to checking schedules, syncing professional and personal schedules up, and even swapping shifts in cases when there’s a scheduling conflict, or they know they’re going to miss work.
Similarly, managers want to stay ahead of the schedule as much as possible. That’s especially the case in the era when cities, states, and even the federal government, are pushing for fair scheduling practices across the board.
Managers don’t want to get caught up in situations where they are canceling shifts at the last minute, running behind on the schedule, or causing workers to stay late in order to cover for someone because the schedule was wrong.
That’s where native features that support scheduling and forecasting can help make a big difference. Keep reading to learn how stratustime delivers on the promise of simplifying the way managers and employees engage with scheduling and forecasting.
Many workers like being involved with certain aspects of scheduling, starting with the way they engage with the schedule on their own terms. Our recent report, “Always On the Clock: The Rise of the Independent Worker,” explores the link between flexibility, stability, and scheduling predictability in today’s workplace. Discover what it means to give workers new ways to engage with scheduling.
Embrace Cloud-based Scheduling and Forecasting
These days, employers are looking for ways to meet the changing needs and demands of employees—especially with as many as five generations of workers in the modern workforce. Finding new software tools that increase flexibility, accessibility, and engagement is one way they accomplish this goal. However, while it might be hard to believe, some organizations still rely on paper schedules as part of a manual time & attendance method. What’s more, even certain organizations that adopt time & attendance software miss out on cloud-based features that give employees access to their schedules from anywhere, sync up work and personal schedules, and help managers forecast with simplicity.
When scheduling takes place via a cloud-based time & attendance software such as stratustime, it can:
- Help create new flexibilities for employees and managers
- Give managers new ways to monitor and adjust schedules according to workflow
- Encourage new levels of accountability and engagement among staff members
As organizations embrace new approaches to time & attendance, many are turning to stratustime, in part because of its employee-facing features and solutions, including:
- Greater accessibility and ease-of-use. With stratustime, employees and managers can clock in and out a number of ways, including a dedicated time clock, a central kiosk, PC, tablet, or smart phone.
- stratustime’s simple interface is ideal in BYOD environments, where employers encourage workers to bring and use their own devices.
- With stratustime on a worker’s device, they can access the schedule, and even swap shifts on their own time, and don’t need to be physically in the office or workplace to do so.
- Likewise, workers can also view things like vacations and paid-time off (PTO) accruals thanks to stratustime’s mobile simplicity.
Meanwhile, many of the same features and capabilities that drive employee engagement also work to benefit managers:
- Managers can generate scheduling templates that employees will follow.
- Managers can also create and share policies related to swapping shifts, providing feedback about schedules, scheduling flextime and more.
- stratustime can also help address issues related to employee absenteeism, chronic tardiness, or issues related to time theft.
- Managers can set up and launch mechanisms that allow employees to adjust schedules on their own. This can help avoid situations where workgroups or shifts are short-staffed, especially during a busy stretch.
Finally, managers can pull and share key reports that help senior leaders measure productivity and ROI, and get a better sense of where employees are spending their time.
- These metrics can help inform the way you forecast schedules for the coming weeks and months, update and manage budgets, train, and even fire up the recruitment and hiring engines.
With a number of native features designed to give workers and managers new levels of scheduling ease and control, stratustime from nettime® solutions remains committed to today’s workforce—and tomorrow’s.
Is your time & attendance software built to help every employee succeed? Find out how stratustime gives employees and managers new ways to track, account for, and get the most out of their time. We’ll put stratustime on the clock for you.