Organizations are always looking for ways to improve processes. Many leaders prioritize efforts that increase sales, or maximize ROI on marketing efforts. They also care about enhancing the way employees connect, collaborate, and sync up across different locations, including satellite offices. Time and Attendance Software for Satellite Offices These days, business happens almost anywhere, and […]Read More >
Training on Time & Attendance Software
- Maria Pedulla-Phillips
Every worker loves new technology, right? Not quite. The truth is, even in today’s business world, where certain segments seem dominated by news of an ‘always on’ culture, adopting and training on new technology can be daunting for plenty of employees.
Training Employees on New Time & Attendance Software
Perhaps you’ve recently added one or more people to your employee roster. What does it take to retain them? Often, it starts with how well they transition into your workplace.
One way to help them transition is to keep the training and learning curve as easy as possible. That includes helping them get acquainted with your time & attendance software. The same can also be said for retaining your existing employees, especially when you’re introducing them to a new time & attendance solution.
Below, we’ll outline a few things to keep in mind, whether you’re introducing new people to an existing time & attendance system, or a new system to existing workers.
The way you train can be key when it comes to helping workers get acquainted with your time & attendance software. The better they get to know your system, the less likely they are to make errors that could lead to time theft. Take our interactive Time Theft Test to quiz your knowledge of time theft, industry data, and more.
Train Globally and Personally
Every company looks for new ways to retain employees, and help workers engage with their work. Often, the path to success starts with how you help people come up to speed on various business systems, including time & attendance.
If your goal is to help new hires contribute right away, or to help existing employees embrace new technologies, what steps are you taking to achieve it?
When you introduce new people to existing systems, or new systems to current employees, some level of training will be required.
- When it involves your time & attendance software, the last thing you want is for your employees to get bogged down in the process, confused about how the software works, or worried about features that don’t matter to them.
As your dedicated time & attendance solution, stratustime makes it easy for you to address a number of key questions and concerns that cover global as well as personal needs.
- Having the ability to clock in and out from anywhere can be essential, no matter where employees work.
- An easy-to-use employee dashboard will appeal to workers, no matter how tech-savvy they are.
- And, every employee will appreciate being able to check their paid-time off (PTO) balance, and ask for time off, with just a few clicks.
One of the hallmarks of stratustime is its easy-to-use employee portal, which streamlines the learning curve for new and existing workers.
Ideally, all employees will have an easy and streamlined experience when it comes to punching in and out, tracking their breaks, logging their PTO and more. To help promote this, the stratustime experience includes an employee portal, through which employees can do the following:
- Access their time cards
- Review their schedules
- Swap shifts
- Select project time codes as they switch between projects
At the same time, there will most likely be situations where a more personalized approach to learning the software will be the best course of action. When an employee learns a new feature that’s specific to the way they work, it can show them just how robust and vital the software is to their employee experience.
Here are two examples where a more personalized approach to training and features can be the best way forward:
1. Workforce management features for managers and administrators
Managers and administrators can come up to speed quickly with stratustime, allowing them to utilize key features that help simplify the way they work.
- By setting alert notifications, managers know when employees forget to punch in, or punch in late.
- With geo-tracking features, they can verify where employees clock in.
- They can set features that allow, or disallow, employees from clocking in/out from certain locations.
- Project codes and wage information help them calculate hourly rates into project planning and budgets.
- Finally, they can access and generate key reports that help them determine how much time certain projects take on a daily, weekly, monthly, or even quarterly basis.
2. Features that support remote and flex work options
Workers can access stratustime, and manage time & attendance concerns, in several ways, including:
- A dedicated time clock
- A central kiosk
- Their own mobile device
Having mobile access to stratustime can be especially vital if your professional environment encourages employees to bring and use their own devices, or when employees work remotely.
If employees work remotely, they might also need to log road miles.
While there are a lot of ways they can do so, stratustime’s Mileage Calculator for Expense Reimbursements feature lets them calculate miles within the same software they already use to track time. While this feature might not be important for all of your workers, it can be a key tool for them when they work from the road.
- Your remote or mobile workers won’t need to worry about redundant administrative work. They can effectively say good-bye to logging miles in a spreadsheet, or on paper.
- Their reports can help managers plan travel budgets, and measure ROI as it relates to remote work.
- And, this feature can automatically submit a pay adjustment according to your company’s reimbursement schedule.
Whether you’re adding new workers to your employee roster, exploring a new time & attendance system, or both, make sure your solution is easy to learn, and watch employees succeed.
Workers and job seekers have a lot of options right now. Is your time & attendance solution right for them, and for the way your organization is scaling? Find out what it means to put stratustime on the clock.