What does the future of working look like? For many companies and workers, the future is all about flexibility. That’s one of the takeaways from a recent study, “The Millennial Mindset,” in which a whopping 92% of individuals said they want to work from home, while 91% said that flexible working — not being forced […]Read More >
Facial Biometrics Can Bring Greater Accuracy and Flexibility to Time & Attendance Software
- Brittney Kinley
What does the future of working look like? For many companies and workers, the future is all about flexibility. That’s one of the takeaways from a recent study, “The Millennial Mindset,” in which a whopping 92% of individuals said they want to work from home, while 91% said that flexible working — not being forced into traditional 9-to-5 days — is important.
These same employees – working remotely — use mobile devices in their personal lives. This is where facial biometrics fit in.
Facial Biometrics Are Part of a BYOD Device Mindset
Right now, businesses are hungry for talent. It’s a natural response to the fact that the US economy continues to grow, while the unemployment rate is at a low. The drive for talent is also affecting the way companies hire and support their employees.
Flexible work options that allow employees to work remotely, and even during hours that don’t always fall within the traditional workday, are a way to attract workers who might otherwise look the other way.
What does this mean for time & attendance solutions?
If your time & attendance solution is stuck in the past, it could make it difficult for you to attract and retain workers who either want flexible work options, or have the skills and talent you need, but live too far away to commute.
- In the current hiring environment, flexible and remote work options are perks that many job candidates may expect.
- Meanwhile, with so much technology at our fingertips, things like constant connection, and remote collaboration have become norms in the eyes of many workers.
Does your time & attendance solution use technology to its fullest?
If you’re still tracking time & attendance by paper, or if you’re using a system that requires manual entry, then you may not be. In fact, what you might be doing is creating giant holes in your system that can lead to costly inaccuracies.
And even if you do have a solution, how does it track the remote workers you’re hoping to hire?
Many companies are moving toward solutions that include facial biometrics, especially those that encourage a bring-your-own device (BYOD) policy. Our recent report, “Next-Gen Features For Time & Attendance,” highlights a number of ways that stratustime continues to innovate to support your time & attendance needs.
How Biometrics and Facial Recognition Technology Can Combine Flexibility & Accuracy
No one wants to complicate things with a time & attendance software that has a steep learning curve, is difficult to implement, or isn’t flexible in the face of the modern workforce. The same is true when you’re including facial biometrics into the equation.
stratustime’s new facial biometrics may help extend the reach of your time & attendance solution:
1. stratustime’s facial recognition technology works within the broad range of devices.
- Users can access facial recognition without needing network connectivity. The BYOD option lets customers download the app onto iOS or Android tablets.
2. The facial biometrics feature is built into our native app.
- No more needing to purchase or lease a time clock that includes biometric authentication. Users can access it via Google Play or Apple App stores, and begin capturing punch in/out information on their own tablets or handheld devices.
3. The tool creates a unique template from a user’s face that allows them to clock-in/out from anywhere.
- Proprietary measures locate a face within an image, and filter out any lighting or quality issues. From there, the biometrics feature generates a face template, or custom signature, that works as a primary authentication method.
4. And, facial recognition technology may help you reduce the issues related to lost badges, and buddy punching.
- The technology includes robust anti-spoofing features to help ensure that the tool validates an actual person, and not a picture or video clip. The technology is designed not to be fooled by a still image, or a shared video clip.
Whether an employee is clocking in/out from down the hall, across campus, or from another time zone, stratustime lets managers know if they’re late, absent, or has forgotten to log their time.
If flexible, remote work options are becoming the norm for your company, make sure you have the time & attendance tools in place to help set parameters, manage your workforce, and ensure accuracy. Doing so can help you ensure that this employee-friendly perk doesn’t become a management, compliance, or bottom-line issue later down the road
Accuracy is a critical criteria when it comes to your time & attendance solution. And, it’s one of the driving forces behind product evolution. Find out more about how stratustime remains committed to bringing next-gen time & attendance solutions to your workplace.